For every DJ and for other audio producers alike, the desire to breakdown the chunks of equipment you lift around is constantly in a battle with the fact that none of your tools can be ditched. Right?
That peaks the reasons behind the creation of mashups. And speaking of mashups, what could be far greater than having your mixer in one controller unit with your turntable? Probably none, because the duo is one of the bulkiest and heavy lifting-demanding tools in your arsenal.
So to speak, with the best DJ controllers for scratching reviewed on this blog, you’ll not only get value for your money but equally escape the confusion of the sponsored reviews out there.
Let’s get started o get you a high-quality DJ controller for scratching!
Right here, you’ll find;
- The Top DJ Controllers Under $1500
- Powerful DJ Controller Under $1000
- Dynamic DJ Controller With Motorized Platter
- Best DJ Controller Under $500
Great, huh? Let’s dig in.
The 2 Best DJ Controllers For Scratching Under $1500
In this category, I have reviewed the 2 top-of-the-line, high-quality DJ controllers, for scratching that have been handpicked by our DJ equipment experts.
Best Overall; Denon DJ PRIME 2| Standalone Smart DJ Console With 2 Decks
First on the list is a DJ console that takes the technology of high-quality DJing to a whole new level, a step away from just a DJ controller. Denon DJ PRIME 2 DJ controller for scratching is a heavy-duty scratching console for the professional club, studio, mobile, and events DJs. Think performance, durability, versatility, and smooth audio production. This the fitting alternative to a Pioneer DJ DDJ.
Denon DJ PRIME 2 also takes the position of your laptop with a 7-inches HD touchscreen that connects wirelessly to your media source for up to 60 million songs live streaming on TIDAL. Navigating through your mixes and collections without the use of a computer is finally possible. Just swipe through your list or use the soft search engine to quickly kick into the next music on the longlist. The unit comes with enough internal memory space but you may top that off with an SDcard inserted into the available card space.
- Ditch The DJ Controller, Discover the Power of PRIME Full-featured, ultra-portable 2 deck smart DJ console with 7 inches HD gesture-controlled touchscreen powered by Denon DJ’s ENGINE OS
- Put The Power of PRIME in your DJ Set Best in class time stretch and musical key change/sync algorithms; onboard music file analysis including Rekordbox collections
- Wireless Streaming Stream everything from the freshest underground sounds to certified classics from streaming partners including TIDAL with built-in WiFi and wired internet connectivity
- Performance Driven Connectivity Master and DJ Booth outputs for connection to DJ / PA speakers; 1 Aux and 2 Mic inputs; USB and SD media source inputs, plus a 2.5 SATA drive bay
- Feature Packed Touch capacitive jog wheels; independent FX units, 3 Band EQ and Filter; Integrated DJ Mixer; Performance pads for hot cues, loops, and rolls
To the main part. Denon PRIME 2 is a dual-wheel setup as the name suggests. Each of the colorful 6-inches jog wheels is surrounded by expressive EQ and FX for creativity. You also have access to 2 distinct 100mm line faders to control the signal level on each jog. Likewise, 2 contour controlled crossfaders lets you transition faster from track to track.
Whether you’re buying for mainstream staging or house party or club DJing, Denon DJ PRIME 2 connects to the maximum of 2 PA systems or microphones, thanks to the integrated ¼-inches combo XLR input. See the bigger picture below.
- 8 multi-function pads
- 2-channel mixer
- HD wheels display
- 2 pitch bend control
- 2 high-res pitch faders (100mm)
- Master, booth, Aux levels
- Replaceable crossfader
- Beat jump control
- 7” touchscreen with gesture support
- 3-band equalizer and Talkover
- SD slot/USB port
- ½” and ¼” headphone jacks
- 2.5” hard drive bay
- Frequency response; 20Hz to 20, 000Hz
- Signal-to-noise ratio; 92dB
- Channel separation; 85dB @ 1, 000Hz
- Dynamic range; 112dB
- Analog input; Aux/line and microphone
- Analog output; master(balanced/unbalanced), booth, and headphone
- No laptop needed
- Independent jog wheels
- Low power-usage
- The greatest alternative to Pioneer DJ DDJ
- Wireless connection to your media source
- Expressive control and workflow
- Standalone streaming and digital media
- Multi-function performance pad
- Wheels with color display
- Streams up to 60 millions songs with TIDAL plus
- 3 months free TIDAL HiFi connection
- Flexible monitoring
- Quite heavy
First Runner Up; Pioneer DJ DJ Controller (DDJ1000SRT)
This is another escape from lugging a heavy mixer and two turntables around. And this time, this DJ controller for scratching is coming from yours truly, Pioneer. The Pioneer DJ DJ controller (DDJ1000SRT) is one of the best DJ controllers that offer heavy-duty scratching, versatile effects, and mixing, and on-point cue pads, with or without DJ software. This is from a turntablist’s point of view. If you’ve used the SX, SZ, SR, or the SRT2, they are all pieces of junks compared to this one. This will work perfectly with about any of your virtual DJ 2020, though it’s more ideal to download and use the Serato Suite drive on your Mac or PC. It’s freely and fully accessible to every Pioneer DJ DJ 1000SRT user. Did I mention that this is one of the best alternatives to your Pioneer DDJ or your Pioneer DJ DDJ?
- Serato DJ Pro compatibility
- Full-size jog wheels and Magvel fader
- Portable DJ controller with club-style layout
- Color on jog display – focus on your performance and keep your eyes off your laptop
- Professional FX
Where can you use these DJ controllers? About everywhere. Though audiophiles who are looking for a more precise scratching on larger wheels may not like this thing very much. But for every professional DJ who is out to get a controller for gigging, this is a great deal. Did I mention that you can monitor BPM, playback time, and playback position directly on each of the 2 jogs? You have up to 16 backlit pads under your belt to trigger, slicer, rolls, cues, sampler, and more. Each of the 2 wheels can be adjusted in resistance, likewise, there’s the MAGVEL fader that makes the intricate performance a walk in the park.
Overall, the DDJ100SRT is a club-standard controller for tight scratching that lets you enjoy low latency on 2 reasonably large wheels. It is more portable and light in weight compared to many studio-standard units on the market. And finally, with the available multiple inputs and output jacks on it, you can take DJing further by connecting to your turntable, your DDJ-XP1, and your CDJs. More on the features below. Overall, this is one of the best Pro DJ controllers to use with almost all DJ software.
- 4 channels
- 206mm aluminum jog wheels; 2
- 8 hot cues
- Auto beat loop and manual loop
- MAGVEL fader and crossfader
- Dub, filter, echo, pitch, and noise
- 2 master and 2 mic inputs
- Frequency response range; 20Hz to 20, 000Hz
- Signal-to-noise ratio; 112dB
- USB cable and power cord
- AC adapter
- Spiral, reverb, trans, flanger, low cut echo
- Beat jump
- Weight; 13.23lbs
- A club-style control layout
- A lot of scratching possibilities
- Shifts and syncs the keys of tracks
- Bright on-jog display
- A one-for the-road Pro DJ equipment for all DJs
- Offers a tight and direct connection to PA systems and turntables
- Free Serato Suite software license
- Portable standalone pro mixer
- Lightweight and easy to lift
- Multiple inputs and outputs
- The external power supply brick may be a limitation
Moving on to the next price point of the market for another set of high-performance DJ controllers.
Top 3 High-Performance DJ Controllers For Scratching Under $1000
In this category, I will recommend 3 high-performance units for aggressive scratching. Drill in.
Best For Live Shows; Numark NS6II 4 Channel DJ Controller For Serato DJ
If you are out of budget and can’t afford the last recommendation under the price point category of $1, 500, this is a cost-effective way to get the best DJ controller for scratching with your Serato DJ. Numark NS6II is a 4-channel DJ controller that has been engineered solely for full control over Serato DJ drive on your PC or Mac. Though when compared to other dual-wheel units reviewed so far, this has smaller wheels of 6mm size which may be a limitation. But on other functionalities, Munark NS6 is almost in the same league with it seniours.
- Complete Control For Serato DJ – 4-Channel Controller for Mac and PC with 2-inch LCD displays in each jog wheel for monitoring BPM, platter position, time remaining, pitch adjust and keylock
- Seamless Handoffs – Connect two laptops simultaneously running Serato DJ via dedicated USB ports for seamless DJ hand-offs
- Performance Driven Specification – 6-inch multi-function jog wheel with smart learning capacitive technology, Touch-capacitive knobs and MPC performance pads
- Standalone Mixer – 4-channel digital mixer to connect turntables and external media devices to the RCA line/phono inputs and switch between them instantaneously
- Software Included – Plug-and-play connectivity with the full version of Serato DJ (Included) and upgrade ready for the Serato DJ DVS expansion
For the most part, it spots the same an on-Jog LCD monitor of 2-inches size right on each wheel that puts you at the surface of platter positioning, BPM, pitch adjust and keylock, and time remaining on each track. Then again, you can connect two laptops to it in tandem for a hassle-free hand-off DJing. Also, since this is a 4-channel controller, it integrates a 100mm pitch fader for tight blend control across each channel while, at the same time, the rubber MPC performance pads dedicated to each wheel allows you to easily access to 16 velocity-sensitive pads.
Hot cue, slider, fader, 8 pad sampler, auto/roll, and a two-mode loop. Numark NS6 offers just more at the price point of $700. Overall, it is a more portable, compact, and cost-effective way to make yourself stage-ready whenever and where ever. See the complete features, why you may like it and why not to like Numark NS6II below.
- Frequency response; 20Hz to 20, 000Hz
- 6-inches Jog wheel; 2
- 2-inches LCD on-jog monitor
- Digital mixer with 2 phono lines
- Power adapter/USB cable
- 2 ¼” mic inputs
- Touch capacity knobs
- 16 velocity-sensitive pads
- 100mm pitch fader
- 2 replaceable crossfaders
- Filter FX/filter roll
- Slicer, cues, auto, loop
- Sync, rolls, velocity
- Slip and bleep
- Master volume
- Serato DJ download card
- Weight; 9.2lbs
- Solid feel and cool performance
- DJ hands-off
- Built-in Hi-res display is a plus
- Independent mixer on the controllers
- Best for full Serato control
- A great choice for live performances
- The solid sound quality is just like a DJ DDJ
- One of the most durable, lightweight controllers built to last
- Compatible with some other software
- Switching from channel to channel may be a hassle
Best For The Studio; Denon DJ MC7000 Professional DJ Controller
As a studio DJ, you want to manage your space for as far you can whilst making your production simple but yet of great quality. Also, you want to be at the surface of your audios and listen to the detail of your sounds on your headphones to ascertain quality. Right? That is exactly why I have recommended Denon’s state-of-the-art 4-channel DJ controllers. A compact but powerful controller set with 2 keep-it-simple-stupid interfaces for aggressive scratching in the studio. The 2 audio interfaces allow easy connection to 2 separate computers. This way, 2 DJs can play distinctively or make collaboration on the same controllers hands-off.
- The Denon DJ Legacy – Solid and compact 4-Channel DJ controller & mixer for Serato DJ
- Dual USB Audio Interfaces – Connect 2 computers at once, enabling two DJs to play together (on their preferred DJ software) and ‘hand off’ in a truly seamless, uninterrupted manner.
- Liberated Performance Capability – New dedicated Key Matching and Changing Controls instantly and harmonically match musical keys
- Performance-Driven Connectivity – 4 RCA inputs; 2 microphone inputs; 1/4 and 1/8 headphone output; XLR Master and Booth outputs
- Pro Software Suite Included – Includes (4) free downloads: Serato DJ Pro, Pitch n Time, Flip, and Video
Denon MC7000 presents 4 professional connections to other studio equipment with no exception to your mikes, PA system, stomp box, mobile phones, laptops, and other sound-processing units. No harsh edginess. No scratching or turning difficulties. The only downside, however, is that the mic level on the MC7000 may be too sensitive when you have a lot of gains set up on your mike. And that is more of the reason that I am not recommending this for shows or live performances.
Also, something I notice is that this unit may not be 100% compatible with your Virtual DJ. It’s more performing on Serato DJ though. Or you may as well play around with it to see how great it works with other software.
- Frequency response; 20Hz to 20, 000Hz
- Microphone input; -40dB
- Line input; +18dB
- Dynamic range; >180dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio; >180dB
- USB audio/MIDI interphase; 44.1KHz 24bits
- Master (+24dB balanced and +20dB unbalanced)
- Booth (+20dB balanced)
- Headphones; 150mW at 40ohms
- 16 velocity-sensitive pads
- Power adapter; 5VDC
- Input voltage; 100-240VAC 50/60Hz
- 2 USB ports and power adapters
- Software download card included for downloading software
- Weight; 4lbs
- Great sound quality
- Outstanding controller/mixing board
- Bang for buck
- All-new key-matching
- Professional connections
- Exceptional DJ performance
- Best for studio DJing
- Not 100% compatible with Virtual DJ
Best For Beginners; Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S3 4-Channel, 4 DJ Controller
As a beginner DJ, you’re leaning more toward a unit that allows for an easy learning curve and that equally offers a lot of options for growth. Enter the Native Instrument Traktor Kontrol S3 for an entry-level unto aggressive scratching. It is cost-effective, yet most suitable for beginners. For one, it features a more intuitive control interface that allows for easy configurations and setups. On the same side, it is highly portable and lightweight enough to tag along with you for practices wherever you go. This, however, does not relegate the Traktor Kontrol S3 to the beginners alone. I have only made my recommendation based on the fact that it is more simple to use.
- Layer beats, fire off samples, or keep a banger track parked on Deck C: whether you’re throwing in acapella or love a double drop, four decks offer easy control over your mix
- At the heart of the TRAKTOR KONTROL S3 is the four-channel mixer, with full-length faders, EQ, cueing, and Mixer FX one-touch effects on each channel to shape your sound
- Juggle Hotcues, samples, and loops with eight RGB pads on each deck, then switch decks and keep on-track with the jog wheel light rings
- The touch-sensitive and super smooth jog wheels are not just for nudging and stalling but feel great for scratch workouts too
- Set up and spin with punchy, pro-grade XLR and RCA inputs and outputs with a huge dynamic range, as well as a ¼” TRS booth output, and 3. 5 / 6. 3 mm headphone outputs
- Comes paired with the full version of TRAKTOR PRO 3 – packed with expressive features and re-edit tools for truly unique, performative mixing
- Grab a portable speaker and an iPad to take your S3 on the road with TRAKTOR DJ 2 – mix with two channels on a streamlined interface with SoundCloud Go+ integration
Zone in on the features and the functionalities of the Traktor Kontrol S3 and you’ll instantly recognize a high-performance DJ controller that is tough enough to take all the knocks you can throw at it on the stage. The 4 channels allow for creativity. You may decide to crank a banger track on Deck C, fire-up multiple samples, and even layer beats the way you want it. The S3’s wheels are exceptionally sensitive though, nevertheless, you can adjust the sensitivity to your level and crank it up as you grow in your scratching skills. Finally, the package comes delivered with Traktor Kontrol pro 3 software so you can start mixing right out of the box.
My final verdict is that Traktor Kontrol S3 is one portable and intuitive DJ controller that every beginner must have. Also, if you enjoy playing on the go or take fun in DJing on the street, just tag along with your portable speaker and your iPad along together with this and you’re all set. Also for house parties, this controller promises a pristine, punchy sound with a wide range of dynamics. See the complete features below.
- Numbers of decks; 4 decks
- Combo XLR input for mics
- ¼” TRS booth output
- 3.5/6.3mm headphone output
- Hot cues, samples, and loops
- FX control, full-length fader, EQ, and 4-channel mixer2 jog wheels
- 16 RGB pads
- Track time indicator
- 3 filters
- Reverb and delay
- Tracker Pro 3 software
- RCA input for audio interface connection
- Gain and master control
- Keylock and sync
- Best DJ controllers for scratching for beginners
- Great for DJing on the street
- Super smooth jog wheels
- Easy mix control
- Pristine, punchy sound quality
- A lot of effects on the money
- Easy to load songs on the deck C
- No on-wheels monitor
This marks the end of this category of DJ controllers. If you have a much lower budget, you want to check the next category below.
Best DJ Controller Under 500 Dollars
Low budget? No problem. In this category, you’ll definitely find value for your 200 to 500 bucks. Read through the review of each of the 3 recommendations below.
Best Heavy-Duty; Gemini G4V Professional
The Geminin G4V is a premium performance dual-wheel processing unit that allows you to control up to 4 virtual DJ software at the same time. It offers all the basic DJing functionalities with 16 multifunction performance pad for multiple effects. Compared to the seniors you’d pay an extra 600 bucks for, the only thing you’re missing out on when you go for the G4V is an on-wheels monitor on the two wheels. If you see no value in such a feature, you’ll be saving a lot of money with this one. But what’s the G4V especially great for. I’d say it’s the most ideal for mobile DJs.
- PREMIUM PERFORMANCE: 2 Physical DJ Decks Allow Complete Control of 4 Virtual Software Decks and Feature 16 Multi-Function Performance Pads and Numerous Assignable Rotary Encoders. pre-mapped FX Controls Means You Can Create Right Out Of The Box.
- ENDLESS MIXING OPTIONS: The G4V 4-channel mixer with 3-band EQ, Gain and Filter control on each channel includes hotkeys for Hot Cues, Auto-Loop, Manual Loop and Sampler.
- EASY TO USE TOUCH CONTROLS: The G4V Unit Features Intuitive Touch-Sensitive Jog Wheels As Well As 8 Multi-Function Pads and 4 Rotary Controls Per Deck. The Controls Are Backlit and The Controller Features An LED Monitor Giving You Proper Visual Feedback
- IMPRESSIVELY ADAPTABLE: The G4V DG Controller Features An AUX RCA Line Input, Balanced XLR & RCA Master Outputs, RCA Booth Output with Dedicated Volume Control and Front ¼ Headphone Output So You Can Get The Most Out Of Your Mixes
- TRUST GEMINI, AN INDUSTRY LEADER: Since 1974, Weve Provided Innovative Products For DJs, Musicians, Sound Contractors and Professional Installers Around The Globe. This Is What Drives Us As An Industry Leader Is DJ and Audio Equipment
But wait, I don’t mean to stop you from making this your gigging DJ controller. The main reason for which I am recommending it to the mobile DJ is its portability, compactness, and its ability to integrate perfectly with low-end musical units. Other than that, this is also a ready-to-go DJ controller that lets every professional DJ perform on stage like a Mothe’. The instinctive interface design features intuitive faders, pads, knobs, and auto/fly loop. On it, you have unrestricted access to EQ, gains, and filter controls that enables you to fine-tune your mix easily and get creative doing so.
Overall, the G4V is a portable heavy-duty DJ controller that offers all the prerequisites for gigging professionally. This unit makes aggressive scratching possible for the low-budget performers without jeopardizing sounds quality or functionalities. See the complete features, pros, and cons below.
- Booth frequency response range; 20Hz to 20, 000Hz
- Phono frequency response range; 20Hz to 20, 000Hz
- Mic frequency response range; 20Hz to 20, 000Hz
- Line/Booth signal-to-noise ratio; >90dB
- Phono signal-to-noise ratio; >70dB
- Mic signal-to-noise ratio; >70dB
- Master balanced output level; +3dB @ 1, 000ohms
- Master unbalanced output level; +3dB @ 1, 000ohms
- Booth output level; +3dB @ 1, 000ohms
- Bit depth; 24bits
- USB MIDI controller
- Fully-loaded output
- Highly adaptable
- The touch controls are easy to use
- 400 dollars controller for premium performance
- Ideal for mobile DJs
- Instinctive design with a lot of functionalities
- Great for on-the-fly remix
- Super-quality pitch fader, K-lock, and cue controls
- Bright back-lit pads and active LED monitor
- Constant software upgrade
Best 2 Channel DJ controller; Hercules DJ Control JogVision 2-Channel USB DJ Controller
If you’re looking to control fewer virtual DJs at a time, this is for you. As the name suggests, Hercules JogVision is an insanely tough 2-channels DJ controller that has been engineered to last years of usage. You may control your Virtual DJ 8 on a jog and control your Serato Suite on the other jog, both on a tandem. Once you have your setup all lined-up, you can get away from your laptop and focus on scratching softly or aggressively based on your venue’s demands. Like most of the high-end, this one has an on-jog monitor on the wheels. And each wheel is so flexible and responsive just like the platter on your DJ CD players.
- In-jog LED displays show you where you are in the track
- Improves the DJs performance: DJs can concentrate on their performance, instead of focusing on their computer screen; Makes scratching easier: DJs see the position of the track, instead of their computer screen
- Jog wheels that look and feel like the platters on DJ CD players. Scratch with the DJ Control Jog vision
- Large, solid 2-deck DJ controller; Controls 2 virtual decks + 1 virtual mixer; Rugged black casing; Powerful jog wheels – 5.9 in diameter: similar in size to the platters on DJ CD players; Touch detection + visual guidance; High resolution, low latency
- Air Control: creative and spectacular – DJs can use the Air Control to gradually manipulate the low-pass filter, without any physical contact; The Air Controls range of 12/30 cm lets the DJs hand movements be seen by the audience
The 5.9 inches wide diameter wheels allow for precision, especially for audiophiles looking to meet their attention-to-detail audio production needs. Think high resolution, low latency, and a whole lot of effects possibilities. Meanwhile, as an exclusive feature, the JogVision spots an Air control functionality that uses a sensor to initiate its low-filter modulation when your hand is at a specific distance to the sensor. This does a part of the job and lets you focus more on making great mixes. The only limitation with this unit, however, is that you have fewer RGB pads available for use.
Overall, for every aggressive scratcher out there wanting to spend less and control fewer virtual dj on their computer, I recommend this one. Did I mention that you’re able to track your playback position and speed? See the bigger picture of Hercules JogVision below. I have included why and why you may not like it too.
- Number of drum pads; 8
- Number of decks; 2
- 2 jog wheels
- Wheel size; 5.9 inches
- 12” air control range
- In-jog LED display
- Overall weight; 5.5lbs
- 1 volume fader on each deck
- 1 crossfader
- 4 drum pads per deck
- 3-band EQ (bass, mid, and treble)
- 4 effect mode; loop, sample, FX, hot cue)
- 1/4” microphone jack input
- ¼” AUX stereo line input
- 16bits to 4bits resolution
- ¼” and ⅛” headphone jacks
- Booth and Master control
- Effective low-pass filter
- Auto-sensing low-pass modulation is a big plus
- Easy scratching
- CD deck platter standard wheels
- Colored backlighted RGB pad buttons
- Smooth syncing with your mix
- Plenty of clean volumes
- Great for both Serato and Virtual DJ 8
- Solid construction with easy setup
- Accurate booth monitoring
- Great for both professionals and beginners
- The plastic construction may not be too strong
Best Low Price; Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 DJ Controller
Finally, last on my list the lowest price point controller that offers the basic and most fundamental functions of a controller whilst providing fewer exclusive functionalities on the side. The NI’s Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 DJ controller is a club-standard setup that combines the power of a mixer together with the purpose of a turntable. Whether you need a portable controller for the club or you want a dynamic unit to practice scratching in your home studio at a low budget, this is for you. The S2 MK3 spots identical deck design on its 2-channel mixer, with a speedy control of all the mixing possibilities provided on it.
- Jog mode: Classic spin-to-nudge function, as well as scratch capability
- Beat grid adjust mode: Use the jog wheel to manually adjust beat grid in TRAKTOR
- Club-standard layout with identical deck design, a 2-channel mixer, and fast control of key TRAKTOR features
- 16 RGB pads for triggering hot cues, loops, or samples. Headphone Output – Maximum Output Level – 45 mW @ 33 Ohm load . Frequency Response – 20Hz-20kHz +/- 1.0 dB. Crosstalk @ 1kHz – -55 dB
- 3-band EQs with modeling of industry-standard mixer Eqs
On the club-standard layout, you can access and create loops, initiate hot cues, and get creative with the spotted Mixer FX. I have listed everything that you need to know about the S2 MK3 DJ controller below.
- 24bits resolution
- Number of channels; 2
- Mic frequency response range; 80Hz to 20, 000Hz
- Low-frequency cut-off; -1.3dB
- Mic DNR; 89dB
- 4 channels auto outputs
- Sample rate; 44.1/48, 000Hz
- 2 stereo output lines
- Maximum output level; +1.0dB
- DNR; 90dB
- Frequency response; 20Hz to 20, 000Hz
- Crosstalk; -80dB at 1, 000Hz
- Headphone output level; 45mW @ 33ohms
- DNR; 98dB
- Crosstalk; -55dB at 1, 000Hz
- Frequency response; 0 Hz to 20, 000Hz
- Best DJ Controller for scratching under low budget
- A lot of loop editing
- Professional DJing features
- Club-standard layout
- Powerful 3-band EQ
- Excellent performance
- May not be great for beginners
I can only hope that you’ve been able to choose the right controller for DJing so far from the lines recommended so far. In the next section, I will give away my keep-it-simple-stupid buying guide for free. See it below.
Ultimate Buying Guide For The Best DJ Controllers For Scratching
Suppose you walk into Harbor Freight, looking from shelf to shelf, how would you make a blameless buying decision? I have highlighted the things you should look out for to buy the right DJ controller for your needs below.
- Effects; how many effects does it offer? This should be the first thing that must come to mind. Regardless of whether you’re a professional or a beginner, you need as many effects.
- The number of wheels; this depends on you though. If you can control jog wheels at a time, go for it. Otherwise, look out for just one.
- Size of jog wheels; the diameter of a controller’s jog wheel should be wide enough for easy scratching.
- Frequency response range; a frequency response range of 20, 00Hz to 20, 000Hz is the most ideal.
- Connectivity; your controller must offer as many connections (wireless or wired) so you can have more integration possibilities.
- Control interface; the control interface must be intuitive and fully-packed with all the needed controls. Also, it is important that the control knobs and keys are backlighted for easy configuration.
- Portability and durability; you are getting a DJ controller to reduce the hassle. Ensure that your model is not only easy to carry but equally durable.
I hope you’ve been able to decide upon the best choice for your needs out of the 8 best DJ controllers for scratching above. Reach out to me in the comment box for more guidance if you need one.